Gorilla TV were the overall winners at this year's Cardiff Business Awards. Not only winning the Creative and Digital Business of the Year they went on to claim the Cardiff Business of the Year 2020. We caught up with them after their win to find out a bit more.
1. Why did you enter the Wales Cardiff Business Awards?
We entered to represent, promote and grow the Welsh Creative Industries.
2. What does winning a Cardiff Business Award mean to your business?
Winning the award has meant a lot to our staff and their general optimism, enthusiasm and respect for our business and standing within the community. Staff being proud of the company they work for has a real value, especially in these unprecedented times. Winning this award has certainly boosted mental health and validated our company approach to working throughout the pandemic.
3. How do you strive to make a difference in the Cardiff Business market?
Everything we do as a business is for Wales first. We strive to constantly promote Cardiff and Wales and attract and retain business that has historically gone to London. As we grow, we look to use local suppliers and add to the Cardiff/Wales economy. The same goes for new talent and training.
4. What are your goals for the next 12 months?
I’d like to grow our business, expand our talent and add to our credibility and standing by delivering more successful international TV series around the world - Promoting Wales and the Welsh Creative and supporting industries through our success.
5. What is the biggest lesson you have learned in the past year as a company?
Be nimble and reactive and embrace change and technology while looking after your staff and appreciate that everyone is different.
6. What one piece of advice would you give to any aspiring business owner?
With adversity comes opportunity! And – Love what you do. If you care then your customers will care about you.
7. What did you think of the virtual awards ceremony?
I thought the ceremony was excellent. It was interactive, professional and really felt like we were all experiencing a prestigious event together.