Who is eligible?
- Each award will be given to a company or individual whose main base is located within the local authority area of Cardiff County Council.
- The business should have been trading for a minimum of 12 months on the 31st December 2017.
The judging process
The Cardiff Business Awards have been designed to be as simple as possible.
- Applications are to be received by 5pm on 12th April 2019. Following receipt of entries, the Judges will draw up a shortlist of a minimum of three finalists for each award who will then be interviewed in May by the panel of judges (which will also include two independent judges representing Cardiff Business Club and Cardiff Council).
- The interviews will be the process by which the winner of each category is chosen.
- Initial entries will be assessed by a small panel of Judges consisting of Professor Dylan Jones-Evans (chair), along with representatives from NatWest Bank (the main sponsor of the awards) and Cardiff Council.
The decision of the judges is final regarding all categories for the Cardiff Business Awards.
The Cardiff Business Awards have the following awards in 2019:
- Construction Business of the Year
- Creative and Digital Business of the Year
- Employer of the Year
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Family Business of the Year
- Financial and Professional Service Business of the Year
- Green Business of the Year
- ICAEW Community Business of the Year
- Innovation Business of the Year
- International Business of the Year
- Leisure, Hospitality and Retail Business of the Year
- SME of the Year
- Start-up Business of the Year
- Social Enterprise of the Year
- Technology Business of the Year
- Young Business Person of the Year
The Cardiff Business of the Year 2019 will be chosen from the winners of all the above categories.
In addition, there will be an Outstanding Contribution award that will be chosen by the judges and will recognise an individual or organisation that has had a major influence and impact on the Cardiff business community.