The Technology business of the Year was kindly sponsored by LexisNexis Risk Solutions and the Winner of Technology Business of the Year; Yoello have given us an insight into their future plans and what winning a CBA award meant to them:-
1. Why did you enter the Wales Cardiff Business Awards?
– As a start-up business and having recently launched our first product earlier in 2020, the opportunity to win a Cardiff Business Award would potentially further establish ourselves in not just the Cardiff business scene but UK wide
– Being a start-up business we have found that award wins add some serious credibility to our company. In the FinTech sector in particular, where customers use our product to pay for food and drink it’s important that they know & trust our brand before they input their card details..
2. What does winning a Cardiff Business Award mean to your business?
– The recognition and exposure that the award has given us has been amazing, we were lucky enough to gain a Cardiff following really quickly in 2020 and this award has continued to help get the Yoello name out there and sign some really big deals for our business
3. How do you strive to make a difference in the Cardiff Business market?
– Community is really important to us, being able to support the hundreds of businesses, particularly in South Wales, to continue trading through the pandemic is something we are extremely proud of.
– We are continuing our support for local Cardiff businesses by offering a free platform called Your Cardiff. The platform is providing much needed virtual footfall for businesses, as well as giving free access to our Click & Collect and Delivery platform features which have helped so many adapt to government guidelines.
4. What are your goals for the next 12 months?
– We are focusing on our continued growth plans for international expansion into Europe and further afield!
– We will be focusing in particular on the open banking arm of our business
– We also plan to more than double our team by the start of 2022
5. What is the biggest lesson you have learned in the past year as a company?
– One of the biggest lessons we’ve learned as a business is how important it is to be adaptable and listening to the needs of our customers. After our soft launch pre-COVID earlier in 2020, as the pandemic hit it really changed the face of the industry and the needs of our businesses overnight.
6. What one piece of advice would you give to any aspiring business owner?
– Your network is one of your most valuable assets, ask about their success stories, and hard lessons – how did they find their success?
7. What did you think of the virtual awards ceremony?
– We loved it! We were gutted that the event wasn’t in person, considering it was our first year at the Cardiff Business Awards. But the team and Jamie Owen did a sterling job.