Apollo won the Employer of the Year Award at this year’s award, for the second consecutive year. Here’s what they had to say:
1. How did it feel to win a Cardiff Business Award?
Winning for a second year was a true shock. We just popped in for the meal and the chat as weren’t expecting another win in the same category!
2. How did you find the experience of the Awards night?
It’s always a good atmosphere. This years awards were a completely different feel than last year.
3. How do you strive to make a difference in the Cardiff Business market?
We’re providing low income households in Cardiff the chance to earn more with qualifications, English lessons, experience and a great rate of pay.
4. What are your goals for the next 12 months?
Between now and the next award ceremony, we’re planning on more than doubling our Cardiff workforce and expanding our Spanish cleaning service. It’s a big task but we’re well on our way!
5. What is the biggest lesson you have learned in the past year as a company?
Expanding is one thing but finding the right support and management staff is tougher. Once we’ve found them, we don’t let them go easily!
6. What one piece of advice would you give to any aspiring business owner?
Listening to words of wisdom from ex-business owners sounds like a great idea but what works for one doesn’t work for all. Trust yourself.